House of Raeford’s affiliate Columbia Farms is the first of NatureForm and Pas Reform’s customers in the USA to adopt SmartCare™, a new 360° approach to delivering service and support for the hatchery.
The Lifetime Services contract has been created in partnership with Columbia Farms’ management team, to deliver a range of services over the next five years that has been selected specifically by Columbia for the company’s state-of-the-art SmartPro™ hatchery in Monetta, South Carolina.
Services included in the new contract include:
- Helpdesk support, to support them to maximize availability and response times
- SmartCenterPro™ hardware & software support, to include the delivery of all new releases and updates and a complete hardware support package with a replacement promise, should it be required
- Recommended spare parts, to ensure that spare parts are always in stock to enable repairs to be made immediately and keep the hatchery running smoothly
- Remote analysis and advice, for periodic reports based on SmartCenterPro™ data, with results and recommendations
- Periodic inspections, to provide structural equipment inspections
- Incubation consultancy, for independent, hatchery-wide reviews that include reporting and recommendations from Pas Reform Academy’s hatchery specialists
Complex manager Jim Mabe headed the team that worked with NatureForm and Pas Reform to create Columbia Farms’ SmartCare™ package. He says: “The Monetta facility is a state-of-the-art hatchery - and when we made the decision for SmartPro™ setters, hatchers, HVAC and automation, we signed up to levels of technological advancement that would ensure we deliver the best possible birds for our network of growers.
“High levels of technical support and backup from NatureForm in Jacksonville were a vital ingredient of our ultimate decision - and SmartCare™ brings another level to that for us, with a package that we’ve been able to select according to our own, very specific needs.”
SmartCare™ has, says NatureForm’s president Steve Warren, been developed to deliver an assurance of efficient, uninterrupted performance at every level of hatchery operations.
“SmartCare is a 360° approach through which we share our knowledge, people, expertise and experience at every stage of planning, building and commissioning - and far beyond”, he says
“It’s designed to support all the key life stages of any hatchery project, to optimize performance in every area of the facility, for the highest numbers of best quality chicks.”